Rajbhasha Prabhag was constituted in NABARD for ensuring implementation of official language (OL) policy of Government of India (GoI) and provisions of the Official Languages Act, 1963 (as amended in 1967) and Official Languages Rules, 1976.
2. Core Functions of the Department
A. Implementation of OL Policy of GoI
Rajbhasha Prabhag ensures implementation of OL policy of GoI and issues instructions to offices/departments for achieving the targets prescribed by GoI under the annual time-bound programme.
B. Capacity Building
- Making arrangements for training under GoI Hindi Teaching Scheme for staff members who do not have working knowledge of Hindi.
- Conducting Hindi workshops regularly to make the staff members capable of doing their official work in Hindi.
- Conducting Rajbhasha orientation programme for senior officers.
- Imparting training to staff for doing their work in Hindi in Unicode on computers.
- Organising workshops for Officers to enable them prepare Potential Linked Plans (PLPs) and inspection report in Hindi.
- Conducting capacity building pragrammes for Rajbhasha personnel.
C. Promotional Functions
- Implementing Cash Award Scheme to encourage staff members to do their official work originally in Hindi. Special cash award is given to Rajbhasha Nodal Officers of Regional Officers for their contribution to implementation of Rajbhasha policy. Cash award is also given to officers writing/ preparing PLP/ inspection report/ training material in Hindi for the first time.
- Implementing Hindi Book Writing Scheme to encourage writing books originally in Hindi on subjects relating to agriculture and rural development.
- Giving Rajbhasha shield to Regional Offices/ Training Establishments/Head Office Departments in recognition of their excellent work done in Hindi.
- Organising Hindi competitions and Hindi function on the occasion of Hindi Day.
- Conducting off-site surveillance/ review of compliance with OL policy and efforts made for progressive use of Hindi through quarterly/ half-yearly/ yearly progress reports/ returns received from various Regional Offices/ Training Establishments/ HO Departments.
- Conducting on-site inspection of ROs/ TEs/HO Departments to review the implementation of OL policy of GoI and status of progressive use of Hindi. Inspection reports are sent to concerned offices for compliance.
- Conducting quarterly meetings of Official Language Implementation Committee under the chairmanship of the Deputy Managing Director to review the status of use of Hindi. Follow-up action is taken on the decisions of the committee.
- Conducting regular meetings of Rajbhasha Nodal Officers nominated by each department, and make efforts to ensure smooth implementation of OL policy based on feedback received from them.
- Organising annual business plan meet of Rajbhasha officers to review progress in use of Hindi in the ROs/ TEs and to plan for the next year.
- Notifying ROs/ TEs under Rule 10 (4) of Official Language Rules, 1976.
The following types of documents are translated from English into Hindi. In exceptional cases Hindi documents are also translated into English, if need be.
- Documents enumerated under Section 3(3) of the Official Languages Act, 1963
- Codes, manuals and various other procedural literature
- Stationery items to be printed
- Publications on various subjects
- Advertisements – both for print and electronic media
- Hoardings/ banners
- Brochures/ pamphlets/ leaflets
- Policy circulars and instructions issued by different departments
- Various schemes of NABARD
- Model bankable schemes
- Website material
- Annual Report
- Press communiques
- Day-to-day correspondence
F. Submission of Statutory Returns
- Submission of Quarterly Progress Report as also an Annual Report to The Department of Rajbhasha, Ministry of Home Affairs and Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance, GoI.
- Submission of half-yearly progress report to Town Official Language Implementation Committee
- Department of Official Language, Ministry of Home Affairs, GoI has recognized the Rural Development Banking Glossary, published by NABARD, as a standard glossary and given its link on their website.
- Rashtriya Bank 'Srijana' was awarded ‘Bronze’ award under Feature (Language) category by ABCI.
- Replies to all parliamentary questions were made available in bilingual form.
- ‘Parangat’ course developed by GoI has been continued to train staff to make them proficient in use of Hindi.
3. Additional Information
- All PLPs of Regional Offices of Region ‘A’ - Uttarakhand, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajsthan, Himachal Pradesh and New Delhi were prepared in Hindi.
- All information sought by Parliament/ Ministries were made available both in Hindi and English.
- Cash Award was given to eligible employees/ officers for use of Hindi during the year.
Shri Pradeep Mehrotra
Chief General Manager
'G' Block Bandra-Kurla Complex,
Bandra (East) Mumbai 400 051
Office : (91) 022-68120018
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information under RTI – Section 4(1)(b)