Particulars of its organisation, functions and duties
Institutional Development Department
The rural financial system in the country calls for a strong and efficient credit delivery system, capable of taking care of the expanding and diverse credit needs of agriculture and rural development. Rural Cooperative Banks and Regional Rural banks are the two important institutions involved in delivery of rural credit.
Institutional Development Department (IDD) has been at the forefront in this direction, engaging directly and indirectly with rural financial institutions since inception of NABARD. It has been initiating projects and other programs which encourage development of a strong rural financial eco-system in a sustainable manner. The Department undertakes these initiatives to improve the health of Co-operative banks and Regional Rural Banks in association with Government of India, RBI and State Governments.
2. Core Functions of the Department
A. Development of Co-operative Banks:
- Assisting GoI in policy matters relating to Rural Cooperatives
- Monitoring the viability of the Cooperative Banks through systematic data collection and analysis of the same for policy inputs to GoI and RBI
- Review of functioning of Short-term (ST) & Long-term (LT) cooperatives
- Implementation of GOI’s Revival Package for Short-term Rural Cooperative Credit Structure (STCCS)
- Management of Cooperative Development Fund (CDF) and provision of support to cooperatives under CDF for infrastructure development and various other approved activities including assistance to Coop.
- Training Institutions for training of Coop. Banks & PACS personnel
- Coordination with apex Cooperative Credit Institutions and also State Governments and Govt. of India on matters relating to cooperatives
- Convening of periodical meets of Registrars of Cooperative Societies and CEOs of State Cooperative Banks (StCBs) and State Land Development Banks (SLDBs)
- Providing financial support for training institutes of Cooperative banks under the Scheme of Financial Assistance for Training of Cooperative Banks Personnel (SOFTCOB)
- Development of PACS through various programmes, including formation of PACS Development Cells at CCBs/StCBs and extending financial assistance for infrastructure development and capacity building.
- Providing support to Centre for Professional Excellence in Co-operatives (C-PEC) established in BIRD, Lucknow
B. Development of Regional Rural Banks
- Review the performance of RRBs on half yearly basis
- Dealing with matters relating to recapitalization of RRBs and raising capital from market
- Providing guidance to the Government on the matters relating to amendment of RRB Act
- Guiding the Government on matters relating to recruitment
- Dealing with issues relating to amendment of Appointments and Promotional Rules (APPR) and Service Regulations.
||The powers and duties of its officers and employees
Duties and powers to be exercised are as
per NABARD Staff Rules, 1982.
Financial sanctions pertaining to the
Funds, are based on parameters & laid out instructions under “Delegation of
Powers under Cooperative Development Fund (CDF). Sanctions under Administrative
expenditure as per instructions laid down under NABARD
Expenditure Rules 2014
IDD- Cooperative- CDF
Assistance under CDF &PDC - Delegation of Powers.
||Delegated amount - Individual Activity Cost up to (`Lakh)
||Existing mechanism for monitoring the usage
|Cooperative Development Fund (CDF)
||General Manager (OIC) of the Regional Office
||At the beginning of the year the budget is allocated to all the accounting units including BIRD and others based on the last year’s performance and current year’s priorities. Half yearly review is made to revise the budget as per requirement of the RO.Periodical review is also made based on the data/reports received from ROs
||Chief General Manager of the Regional Office
||Chief General Manager of IDD at Head Office
||Top Management Sanctioning Committee
|PACS Development Cell (PDC)
||Classification of the RO
||RO headed by CGM
||RO headed by GM
||CGM, IDD, HO
||Procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of
supervision and accountability.
The Department has on its roll different categories of staff such as,
Officers (Grade A to F) and other support staff.
The decision making process followed in the department is as per procedure
indicated in respective guidelines / instructions of the programmes/schemes
valid from time to time. There is a clear cut demarcation of roles,
responsibilities and discretionary powers amongst different supervisory levels
and the accountability is fixed up accordingly.
||Norms set by it for the discharge of its functions
||Norms set for the discharge of functions originate from extant operational
guidelines, detailed circulars and based on the criteria/parameters laid down
in the circulars issued from time to time.
||Rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records, held by it or under
its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions.
||Hard / Soft copies of circulars, guidelines available are accessed by staff
for disposing of cases/ proposals. Moreover, the officers are governed by
NABARD (Staff) Rules, 1982 and related rules for discharging functions.
||A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its
||Agenda Notes, Attendance, Minutes and
proceedings of the Meetings of Review meetings of RRBs/SCBs/SLDBs.
Documents on each of the above are held under
the control of department.
Policy / instructions / Circulars are maintained separately.
||Particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with or
representation by the members of the public in relation to the formulation of
its policy or implementation thereof
||A statement of the boards, councils, committees and other bodies consisting
of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its
advice, and as to whether meetings of those boards, councils, committees and
other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are
accessible for public
||A directory of its officers and employees
||As at the url : Directory of its officers and employees
||The monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees,
including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations
||As at the url : Click Here
||Budget allocated to each of its agency, indicating the particulars of all
plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made
1. The Annual budget estimates under CDF are allocated by HO after taking into
consideration the past performance in sanction of proposals & release of
disbursements, the requirements indicated by the RO as well as the size &
potential of each RO.
2. Expenditure incurred against budget allocated and is reviewed annually.
||Manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amounts allocated
and the details of beneficiaries.
||No subsidy Programme implemented by IDD.
||Particulars of recipients of concessions, permits or authorisations granted
by the organisation
||Details in respect of the information available to or held by it, reduced
in an electronic form
||Particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information,
including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for
Refer to NABARD's RTI Homepage at the link:
||The names and designations and other particulars of the PIO
||Available at the link : Click Here
||Such other information as may be prescribed and thereafter update these
publications every year
||The information in respect of data on RRBs/Cooperatives & Important
developments is being updated on the website.