Ref. No. NB. DFIBT/ 10907-11358 / DFIBT- 23 / 2018-19 27 September 2018
Circular No 246 / DFIBT-38 / 2018
The Chairman and Managing Director / Chairman / Chief Executive Officer
Scheduled Commercial Banks
Regional Rural Banks
State Cooperative Banks
District Central Cooperative Banks
Support from Financial Inclusion Fund (FIF) for Deployment of PoS/ mPoS Devices in Tier 5 & 6 – Extension to Tier 3 & 4 Centres
Please refer to our Circular No. 283 / DFIBT-39 / 2016 dated 06 December 2016 on support for deployment of PoS/mPoS devices in Tier 5 & 6 centres. In order to increase the digital payment acceptance infrastructure in rural areas, it has been decided to extend the scheme to Tier 3 & 4 centres for the sanctions already accorded. Hitherto, only villages with population less than 10,000 were considered. With this revision, villages with population of less than 50,000 are eligible for support. The modalities related to claim submission and deployment are given below:
Particulars Last Date
(a)Deployment 31 March 2019
(b) Claim submission under CAPEX Model 30 April 2019
(c) Claim submission under OPEX Model 30 April 2021
The claim under OPEX model may be submitted once in a financial year and at least one claim is to be submitted before 30 April 2019.
2. Deployments: PoS/mPoS deployments to be done only in States mentioned in sanction letter.
3. Claim amount: All claims should be submitted for reimbursement of expenses (less the Input Tax Credit received / receivable by the Bank under GST) as per enclosed Format I. The scheme is on reimbursement basis, accordingly the claim is to be submitted only after making payment to the vendor.
4. Claim Data submission: The deployment data of devices should be indicated in excel sheets as per enclosed Format II/III. Care may be taken that data for Tier 3 & 4 centres and Tier 5 & 6 centres are submitted in separate excel sheets within the same file.
5. Second Claim under OPEX: The details for second claim should be submitted as per enclosed Format III.
6. General Agreement: In case of first time claims, the banks have to execute a one-time General Agreement (GA) as per our Master Circular No. 184 / DFIBT-29/2018 dated 16 July 2018, if not executed already.
7. Claim Submission: Banks may submit the claims to the NABARD offices that had granted them sanction under the scheme. In respect of multistate sanction, a consolidated State wise sanctions and deployment status should be submitted as per enclosed Format IV. The claim may be submitted by email followed by hard copy.
The remaining terms and conditions of the above mentioned scheme remain unchanged. Banks are advised to take advantage of the revisions in areas of deployment and avail benefit of the scheme.
(L R Ramachandran)
Chief General Manager
1. Claim Submission in Format I
2. Data sheet Format for Deployment of Devices in Format II and III
3. Consolidated State wise sanctions & deployment in Format IV
Format I (PoS)
(Format for Claiming Reimbursement by the Merchant Acquirer bank/ Third Party Model - on Bank’s letterhead)
The Chief General Manager
…….. Regional Office/Head Office (in case of Multi-State projects)
Support from FIF for deployment of PoS/mPoS terminals in Tier 3 & 4 Areas and Tier 5 & 6 Areas – Reimbursement Application – CAPEX /OPEX Model**( indicate which model )
Please refer to sanction letter Ref. No. …………... dated ……………. by which you have sanctioned us an amount of Rs. ……………/- for installation of ……….. PoS/mPoS devices in Tier 5 and 6 areas as Merchant Acquirer Bank/ under Third party model.
2. We have installed …………. PoS/mPoS devices in the locations in Tier ………….under ….. Model.
3. Details of deployment is submitted in prescribed Format - Excel Data sheet file attached. (different formats for CAPEX and Opex claims).
4. A state wise consolidated list of PoS/mPoS devices indicating the statewise sanctions and their deployment is attached (Refer to format and sanction letter).
5. The original invoice, receipts, agreements, etc. related to the purchase/ installation/maintenance; village details including village census code with merchant details where PoS/mPoS devices have been deployed, will be preserved at our end for any future verification requirement.
6. Claim for deployment is for 2 Pos/mPoS devices only per village: (Please ensure claim for maximum 2 devices per village).
7. We certify that there is no duplication of claims for support obtained under third party model units.
8. Terms and Conditions mentioned in sanction letter No. NB. DFIBT/ / dated ……….. are accepted by the Bank.
9. The claim submitted is for active devices only.
10. Reimbursement Claimed: We submit a claim for reimbursement of expenditure incurred for Rs.…. /- (net of Input tax Credit received/ receivable) for deploying………………. PoS/mPoS devices under ………….Model. The claim submitted is as per deployment done till ………………(date).
11. We submit that this amount has been paid to the vendor.
12. We have executed the General Agreement and submitted it NABARD Head office/ Regional Office
12. Details of Bank Account:
1 Name of the Bank where drawal /claim money to be credited
2 Name of the Bank Branch where drawal /claim money to be credited
3 RTGS/NEFT/IFS Code of above Bank
4 Name of the Account Holder ( claiming Bank) (as appearing in the Bank Account)
5 Account Number of Claiming Bank
6 Type of Account (Saving, Current, etc.)
Name of authorized Officer:
Name of the Bank:
Contact Details: landline/ Mobile