|(i)||Particulars of its organisation, functions and duties||Organisation:|
State Projects Department
NABARD, Head Office, Mumbai
Tel: (91) 022-26530068
Fax: (91) 022-26530101
- Providing cost effective loans from RIDF to State Governments for development of infrastructure facilities in rural areas for promotion of agriculture & rural development.
- Appraisal and sanctions of projects submitted by various State Governments for financing rural infrastructure as per eligible activities under RIDF.
- Disbursement of loans to State Govts. based on drawal applications for sanctioned projects.
- Monitoring & Evaluation of projects sanctioned under RIDF.
|(ii)||The powers and duties of its|
officers and employees
- Formulation of Policy guidelines for (i) appraisal of RIDF projects of State Governments, disbursement of funds for RIDF projects and other related issues (ii) projects monitoring and evaluation.
- Preparation of Memoranda to the Board of Directors and to the Sanctioning Committee (SC),
- Management of data of sanctioned projects and also the disbursements made thereof to State Govts.
- Maintaining and reviewing updated data on ongoing projects.
- Sanction and disbursement of grant under Rural Infrastructure Promotion Fund (RIPF) to State Governments, Panchayats, SHGs, etc. is done by ROs/HO.
|(iii)||Procedure followed in the|
decision making process,
including channels of
- The infrastructure projects pertaining to eligible activities under each Tranche of RIDF are submitted by the State Governments through their Nodal Department to NABARD’s Regional Offices (ROs).
- The project proposals are scrutinised and appraised by the ROs by conducting desk and field appraisal.
- Appraisal reports submitted by the ROs are then scrutinised by SPD,HO and placed before the
- Sanctioning Committee (SC) for consideration and sanction.
- Details of projects sanctioned are communicated to the State Governments through the respective ROs of NABARD.
|(iv)||Norms set by it for the |
discharge of its functions
- The quantum of loan to be sanctioned under each tranche is decided by GoI on an annual basis and activities to be covered under RIDF are also decided by GoI. At present, 36 activities are covered under RIDF. Details are given in public domain at www.nabard.org
- Rate of interest and period of loan are as decided by the RBI.
- Distribution of the allocation among all States is done on yearly basis.
- The projects are sanctioned with General Terms and Conditions as well as project specific special terms and conditions.
- State Governments are provided loans on reimbursement basis against the actual expenditure incurred in execution of specific sanctioned projects.
- Notwithstanding the above, mobilisation/start up advance is also released, if required by the State Govt. on acceptance of the terms and conditions by them to speed up the implementation of the projects.
- Sanction and disbursement of grant under Rural Infrastructure Promotion Fund to State Governments, Panchayats, SHGs, etc.
instructions, manuals and
records, held by it or under
its control or used by its
employees for discharging its
- Checklists have been made available to all the State Govts. for preparation of Detailed Project Report.
- Operational Guidelines are issued every year. Also available in public domain at nabard.org link.
- Hard/soft copies of circulars, guidelines are available in ROs/HO, which are accessed by staff for disposing of cases / proposals.
|(vi)||A statement of the |
categories of documents that
are held by it or under its
- Documents relating to proposals for sanction and disbursement submitted by State Govts, through NABARD ROs
- and acceptance of terms and conditions are kept at RO level.
- Details of projects sanctioned by PSC/ISC.
- Disbursements made to State Governments – both cumulative and during the year.
- Details of projects sanctioned and amount disbursed under RIPF.
|(vii)||Particulars of any|
arrangement that exists for
consultation with or
representation by the
members of the public in
relation to the formulation of
its policy or implementation
At present, 36 activities are eligible for funding under RIDF as approved by GoI. The general terms and conditions of RIDF are decided by RBI every year. RIDF policy is formulated keeping in view the priorities of GoI and RBI.
|(viii)||A statement of the boards,|
councils, committees and
other bodies consisting of
two or more persons
constituted as its part or for
the purpose of its advice,
and as to whether meetings
of those boards, councils,
committees and other bodies
are open to the public, or
the minutes of such
meetings are accessible for
The Department functions under directions and advice of the
- Project Sanctioning Committee comprising nine members of the Board as a sub committee for sanction of RIDF loans to State Governments for various projects.
- Internal Sanctioning Committee comprising senior officers of NABARD including Chairman and two Deputy Managing Directors, for sanction of RIDF loan to State Governments for various projects upto an amount of Rs. 100 crore.
- Project Sanctioning Committee comprising senior officers of NABARD for sanction of grants / grant-cum-loan to State Governments, panchayats, SHGs, NGOs, etc for various projects under Rural Infrastructure Promotion Fund (RIPF).
|(ix)||Details in respect of the|
information available to or
held by it, reduced in an
|State-wise, Tranche-wise, sector-wise data relating to sanctions and disbursements |
(annual/monthly) under RIDF.
Particulars of facilities
available to citizens for
including the working hours
of a library or reading room,
if maintained for public use
State-wise and tranche wise sanctions and disbursements made to various State Governments are available in public domain at nabard.org link.
|(xi)||Language in which information manual/handbook available|
|(xii)||When was the manual/handbook last updated|
|(xiii)||Information available in electronic form|
|(xiv)||Particulars of facilities available to citizens for availing information||Details of ongoing and completed projects under RIDF are available in website at www.nabard.org|
|(xiv)||Grievance Redressal Mechanism||Available in website at www.nabard.org|
|(xiv)||List of completed schemes/projects/programmes underway||Available in website at www.nabard.org|
|(xiv)||FAQs|| FAQs link|