Bachelor's degree in Dairy Technology (National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal); Post Graduate in Management (IIM, Ahmedabad); PhD in philosophy (Rohtak).
Dr. Bhanwala took over as the Chairman of NABARD on December 18, 2013. He comes with more than 25 years of rich work experience in renowned organizations such as India Infrastructure Finance Company, Ltd. (IIFCL), IL&FS Water Limited, and Delhi State Co-operative Bank Limited.
At IIFCL, Dr. Bhanwala served as the Chairman and Managing Director for 6 months, and also as Executive Director for more than a year. As Chief General Manager at IIFCL, Dr. Bhanwala looked after two critical functions: Corporate Planning and Human Resource Development. He also spearheaded the Credit Enhancement initiative, a revolutionary initiative that aims to enable infrastructure projects to approach debt capital markets.
At IL&FS Water Limited, Dr. Bhanwala served as Senior Vice President, undertaking project development work related to various water & waste water projects. In his role as Managing Director of Delhi State Cooperative Bank Ltd (DSCB), he spearheaded the turnaround of the organization (2000 to 2005).
With his vast experience in the financial sector, Dr. Bhanwala brings deep expertise to NABARD in diverse areas, such as Financial Inclusion, Microfinance, Co-operative Credit Institutions, Rural Infrastructure Project Development and Project Appraisal related to Agricultural Projects.
- Incentivize long term farm investment to reduce distress: Dr. Harsh Kumar Bhanwala, Chairman, NABARD
- Chairman's interview in The Financial Express
- Farmers first, says NABARD Chairman
- Dr. Harsh Kumar Bhanwala takes charge as NABARD Chairman
- Chairman's speech at Shri Nabakrushna Choudhury Memorial Lecture-2016 - “Challenges in Financing Small and Marginal Farmers in India with Special Reference to Eastern India
- Convocation Address by Dr. Harsh Kumar Bhanwala, Chairman, NABARD at the Fourth Convocation of Tata–Dhan Academy, Madurai
- Chairman’s Convocation Speech at the 46th Convocation of the Acharya N G Ranga Agricultural University, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
- National Seminar on “Mitigating Agrarian Distress and Enhancing Farm Income" - Speech by Dr. Harsh Kumar Bhanwala, Chairman, NABARD - 12 July 2015
- Chairman delivers Dr. N. N. Dastur Memorial Lecture
- Inside India’s Best PSUs: Chairman’s Interview on Bloomberg TV
- National Microfinance Conclave 2014 - Speech by Dr. Harsh Kumar Bhanwala, Chairman, NABARD
- Three Decades Celebrations of NABARD - Speech by Chairman
- Chairman's Speech at Conference on microfinance, College Of Agriculture Banking, Pune