Established by the Bank, in accordance with the provisions of the NABARD Act 1981, the Research and Development (R&D) Fund aims at acquiring new insights into the problems of agricultural and rural development through in-depth studies and applied research and trying out innovative approaches backed up by technical and economic studies.
The R&D Fund is utilised for formulating policies on matters of importance to agricultural operations and rural development, including facilities for training, dissemination of information and promotion of research by undertaking techno-economic studies and other surveys in the fields of agriculture, rural banking and rural development.
Corpus of the R& D Fund is Rs. 50 crore.
Grant support for:
- Research projects and studies
- International, National and Regional Seminars/Conferences/Symposia, Workshops, etc.
- Occasional Papers and cost of other publications
- Chair Units
- Providing training for personnel of constituent banks
- Summer Internship Programme
Training Institutes Supported Under R&D Fund
- CAB, Pune
- BIRD, Lucknow, Mangalore & Bolpur
- IIBM, Guwahati
- National Institute of Rural Banking (NIRB), Bangalore
Number of seminars/workshops/conferences sanctioned
Number of research projects sanctioned