Farm Sector Policy Department (FSPD).
Farm Sector Policy Department (FSPD) is carved out of the erstwhile Development Policy Department with primary focus on formulation of appropriate policies concerning agriculture and allied sector activities, natural resources management, climate change, etc., within the overall policy frame work of Government of India. The important objectives of the policies is towards drawing appropriate operational guidelines for implementation of such policies through credit, promotional and developmental interventions. Towards these objectives, the Department is also rendering necessary technical advisory services in agriculture and allied sectors through Central and Regional Technical Advisory Groups (C-TAG and R-TAGs).
Major functional areas of the Department
- Policy formulations aligned to Government policies and programmes
- Review and revision of existing policies concerning agriculture and allied sector development sector
- Policy issues concerning Risk mitigation, agriculture crop insurance, etc
- Framing of appropriate operational guidelines for implementation of such policies through credit, promotional and developmental interventions
- Collaborating with development institutions of relevance.
Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation
- Policy framework for Natural Resources Management and & Climate change adaptation and mitigation
- Functional role as National Implementation Entity (NIE) for Adaptation Fund through Adaptation Fund Board (AFB) for Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) Projects including guiding the Executing Entities (EEs) in designing & submission of CCA projects
- Implementation & monitoring of projects approved by AFB
- Training, capacity building of stakeholders
- Collaboration with other agencies (national and international) like Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF, GoI), Global Environment Fund (GEF), Green Climate Fund / for accreditation and all other issues concerning CCA
- Upscaling of Climate change adaptation and monitoring and pilot projects on climate proofing of watershed projects under WDF
Technical Advisory Services
Dr. B.G. Mukhopadhyay
- Identify state / region specific agriculture and allied sectors for promoting investment credit and strategize for utilization of potential through appropriate credit and promotional interventions.
- Preparation of model schemes for potential agricultural and allied sector activities and placing the same in NABARD website (https://www.nabard.org ), for the benefit of bankers and entrepreneurs
Chief General Manager
5th Floor, 'A' Wing
C-24, 'G' Block
Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East)
Mumbai 400 051
Tel: (91) 022-26530007
Fax: (91) 022-26530009
Information under RTI – Section 4(1)(b)