The Construction Department was constituted in 1990 at the Head Office level to handle planning and execution of construction works undertaken by the Bank. Subsequently, the coverage of activities of this department was broadened to take care of all works relating to our premises, logistics and infrastructure support.
The department, today named as “Department of Premises, Security and Procurement” (DPSP) is functionally bifurcated into three main Sections, viz. Premises, Security & Procurement.
2. Core Functions of the Department:
A. Premises Section
Manage land acquisition and construction of office buildings, training establishments and residential quarters for Officers and Staff of the bank
- Monitor project works at various locations
- Maintain and repair the Bank’s properties at various centres
- Handle the empanelment of architects, contractors and various suppliers/vendors
- Handle works pertaining to structural audit and rehabilitation/renovation of bank’s properties, including appointment of all the necessary agencies, etc.
- Handle all works relating to Visiting Officers' Flats (Guest Houses)
- Allot staff quarters and let out flats to other banks
- Manage insurance of bank’s properties
- Manage conveyance, arbitration and court cases of all properties
- Manage the payment of all bills, taxes, duties and other administrative expenses
B. Procurement Section
Procure and supply dead stock items, including furniture and office equipment
• Purchase office supplies like printing paper and other stationery material, etc.
• Provide telephone facilities in office and residential quarters to eligible staff
• Provide holiday home facilities at various locations
• Provide lounge and canteen facilities
• Manage insurance of bank’s vehicles/equipment, etc.
• Manage inventory
C. Protocol & Security Section
Manage the safety, security and well-being of the employees and the assets of the Bank, including office premises and staff quarters
- Provide protocol for Chairman and Managing Director and other V.V.I.Ps.
- Handle maintenance-related matters pertaining to the fleet of Bank’s vehicles, hiring and deployment of vehicles
- Handle arrangements for all meetings and conference rooms
- Maintain firefighting infrastructure and provide training to staff for firefighting, conducting fire drills, etc.
- Handle disaster management
- Conduct Fire Audit/Security Audit at Regional Offices (ROs)
3. Broad Achievements of the Department at National Level:
Owns premises for almost all regional Offices (for offices as well as staff quarters)
- Laid down detailed guidelines and policies for construction, procurement and security systems
- Upgraded the available infrastructure to meet modern day requirements
- Provided all the essential facilities for smooth functioning of the organization
- Given top priority for green initiatives such as bio gas, composting, PNG etc. in residential colonies.
4. Ongoing projects and schemes:
- Structural repairs and renovation works in various staff quarters colonies
- Modernization/replacement of electrical installations in Office building and Staff Quarters at Mumbai
- Construction of Mizoram RO building
- Construction of Chhattisgarh RO building
- Construction of West Bengal RO building
- Construction of Punjab RO Annex building – to be completed