The Human Resources Management Department (HRMD) was set up in July 1982 upon the formation of NABARD to take care of recruitment, placement, performance management, promotions and retirements of the staff.
The Department, over the years, has evolved into one of the core departments of NABARD, engaged with the critical job of recruiting the right people, placing them appropriately, managing human resources for optimising business, business and development support services, and other functions.
Recruitment and Selection
- Select and appoint people to match strategic business, development, supervisory and other roles of the bank
- Ensure adherence to various statutory requirements relating to recruitment (including reservations), placement and transfer.
Placement and Transfer
- Facilitate optimum deployment of human resources
- Career progression and succession planning to maximise productivity
- Provide Performance Appraisal Review (PAR) as a tool to objectively assess the performance and competency, potential and capability of individual employees vis-à-vis the organisational goals
Records of Service
- Maintenance of all service records including confirmation, seniority, promotion etc.
Staff compensation and facilities
- Ensure that compensation and benefits for the staff is at par with industry trend
- Conduct timely review and implementation of the same without any delay so as to keep the staff motivated and satisfied
- Efficient management of staff welfare schemes and facilities
- Maintain cordial industrial relations by sensitising staff on positive work culture
- Introduce innovative staff welfare measures, including those for retired staff
Training and Development
Promote training and development as a part of a broader strategy for human resource development including:
(a) Knowledge, skill and competency upgrades of all staff and on-boarding of new recruits
(b) Sensitisation on roles of higher levels of hierarchy, including top management, upon career progression and change management
(c) Enabling staff to deal with changes pro-actively.
NABARD has a team of highly professional and well-trained staff on its pay roll. As at COB on December 31, 2022, the staff strength of the bank was as under:
- Group A (Officers): 2219
- Group B (Development assistants and other assistants): 541
- Group C (Messengers, Maintenance and others): 345
Important related links/information
Shri Nilay D Kapoor
Chief General Manager
6th Floor, 'A' Wing
C-24, 'G' Block
Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East)
Mumbai 400 051
Tel: (91) 022-26524748
Information under RTI – Section 4(1)(b)