Inspection Department (ID) of NABARD was established in October 1999 to put in place a robust and a comprehensive inspection system with a focus on adherence to the stipulated guidelines by Regional Offices / Training Establishments / Head Office Departments / subsidiaries of NABARD on various business, promotional, developmental and supervisory activities of the Bank.
The Inspection Department is headed by a Chief General Manager who is assisted by a General Manager, Deputy General Managers & other officers and staff in the Department.
2. Core functions of the Department
The major functions of the Inspection Department are as under:
- To provide quick and direct feedback to the management on performance of the ROs / TEs / HODs / Subsidiaries by carrying out a critical appraisal of the performance of the constituent units in all aspects covering their operations, planning, development and regulatory work, human resource management, housekeeping, etc.
- To examine the efficacy of the existing systems and procedures laid down, and adherence thereto by the constituent units and to provide feedback and early warning signals for bringing about policy changes for implementation of more effective systems and procedures
- To comment on management audit aspects like the role of the RO in furtherance of corporate and organizational goals, image building in the region, decision making process within the RO, tapping new business and
- To carry out critical analysis of staff deployment in RO
The Department over the years has emerged as an integral department that ensures all internal checks and controls are in place. It provides a proactive backend support to Regional Offices, Training Establishments and Head office Departments, enabling professional and smooth functioning.
3. Whistleblower Mechanism
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Information under RTI – Section 4(1)(b)
Shri J. S. Upadhayay
Chief General Manager
3rd Floor, 'D' Wing C-24, 'G' Block
Mumbai 400 051
Tel: (91) 022 26539676