The Secretary’s Department acts as Secretariat to the Board of Directors of NABARD and attends to all liaison and coordination work with Head Office Departments/Regional Offices for execution of various directions/decisions of the Board and Board Level Committees. The Department acts as a nodal department for liaisoning with Government of India and Reserve Bank of India in the matters relating to the Board, NABARD Act, and General Regulations, etc.
In pursuance of the goals of upholding transparency, proactive disclosure and compliance to statutory obligations, NABARD is providing information sought under the Right to Information (RTI) Act, 2005. The RTI Cell came into existence in NABARD after the promulgation of the RTI Act, 2005.
Thirty five senior level officers (thirty one in Regional Offices, three in Training Establishments and one in Head Office) are designated as Central Public Information Officers to comply with the statutory obligations under the RTI Act, 2005.
The RTI Cell works under the guidance of the Transparency Officer, Shri M.V. Ashok, Chief General Manager. Shri K. Sayeed Ali, Chief General Manager, is the Appellate Authority.
Grievance Redressal Cell came into existence in NABARD in 2009 to take up matter related to grievance of individual officers/employees in respect of the decision of the bank relating to service matter.
2. Core functions of the Department
- Work connected with the meetings of the Board of Directors, Executive Committee (EC), Sanctioning Committee for Loans under Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF), IT Committee of the Board and other Committees of the Board.
- Matters relating to constitution of Board and appointment of Chairman, Managing Director (MD,) Director on Board/Committees of Board (i.e. Executive Committee, Sanctioning Committee for Loans under RIDF and IT Committee of the Board).
- Publication of Annual Accounts in the Gazette of India.
- Work connected with the meetings of the Management Committee (MC), Internal Sanctioning Committee and Top Management Team (TMT).
- Liaison with Ministry of Finance, Government of India for placing the Annual Reports and Annual Accounts of NABARD before the Parliament.
- Amendments to the NABARD Act, 1981, NABARD General Regulations, 1982, NABARD (Additional) General Regulations, 1984.
- Coordination with Reserve Bank of India in conduct of financial inspection of NABARD and follow up action thereof, including submission of compliance to RBI.
- Works relating to Performance Linked Incentive Scheme for the Chairman and Deputy Managing Directors (DMDs,) NABARD
- Nodal department for collection, compilation and circulation of Monthly Performance Highlights of Regional Offices (ROs)/Training Establishments (TEs)
- 1,372 applications requesting for information were received
- 1,177 applicants were provided with information
- Against 138 appeals received, 125 appeals were responded to
NABARD officials attended 10 hearings on appeals made to the Central Information Commissioner and one appeal made to the State Information Commissioner.
In response to the Government of India directive, NABARD formulated its disclosure policy and the same was uploaded on the website in September 2015. NABARD has also migrated to RTI Online from 1 December 2015, based on instructions received from Government of India, enabling applicants and appellants from across the country to make online applications and appeals and receive replies online. Two workshops were held to facilitate smooth migration to RTI online.
Grievance Redressal Cell
In 2015-16 forty two grievances and ten appeals were received. The Grievance Redressal and the Grievance Redressal Appellate Committee met once during the year. The Grievance Redressal Committee discussed 31 cases and resolved 29 cases. The Grievance Redressal Appellate Committee discussed 12 cases and resolved all 12 cases.
Shri M. I. Ganagi
Chief General Manager & Secretary
8th floor, ‘B’ Wing
C-24, ‘G’ Block
Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East)
Mumbai – 400 051
Tel: (91) 22-26530063 / (91) 22-26539651
Fax: (91) 22-26530192