In order to provide sustainable solutions to the agriculture and rural development related issues, there is a need to design and develop suite of credit and credit plus products and services for NABARD, its subsidiaries and banking sector at large, which will enhance NABARD’s visibility and engagement with stakeholders.
Accordingly, Strategic Planning and Product Innovation Department (SPPID) was set up as a new department on 01 January 2020 to bring in incremental innovation to its existing products and launch innovative products in tune with changing financial sector landscape, clientele needs and the emerging rural landscape, keeping in focus the mandate of NABARD.
Through its core functions, the Department provides critical insights into the environment, creates a visible focus, reinforces proficiency and realizes shared sense of purpose besides help in the Bank in taking informed decisions.
The scope of the department has now been expanded to cover digital and technological interventions of NABARD in the Rural Financial Institutions.
Strategic Planning Functions
- To ensure synergy among goals, objectives, and action plans of NABARD with its primary tasks and responsibility;
- To review the vision and mission statements and formulate short/medium/long term plans;
- To integrate new products into existing product lines based on the external and internal business environment;
- To evaluate the performance, culture, communications, etc., and carry out necessary refinement;
- To conduct stakeholder interactions, Town hall meetings, Seminars and Conferences on topical subjects to gain greater insight.
Product Innovation Functions
- To use private sector finance knowledge and deep sovereign relations of NABARD to deliver innovative products and solutions to effectively respond to the clients’ needs;
- To conduct market research on financial products & development activities and develop conceptual framework for product development;
- To examine the scope of expanding collaboration with new and emerging partnerships with corporate and philanthropic foundations;
- To conduct updated analyses on critical market constraints, improve the products and instruments to provide tailored support to public and private sector clients by deploying tools of data analytics;
- To scale up developmental facilitation and promotional initiatives of NABARD into business proposition;
- To work in coordination with all the business departments of NABARD besides offering solutions based on research and analytics;
- To spur innovative thinking and ideation, pilot the concept of Quality Circle.
Digital, technological and other interventions
- To create an Enterprise Architecture and IT Governance framework
- To digitize Kisan Credit Card loan process leading to setting up of KCC portal
- To promote banking models for agri value chain financing
- To scale up digital interventions in Rural Financial Institutions
- For supporting sustainable solutions in the form of digital technologies to overcome issues plaguing agriculture and rural development, a Technology Facilitation Fund with a corpus of Rs.50 crore has been set up.
- Formulated a guidance note for credit evaluation of a FPO covering inputs on technical, business, risk mitigation aspects together with a Rating tool to guide and encourage banks for financing FPOs.
- Designed a Model Scheme for financing Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) activities keeping in view the need to protect human health during infectious disease outbreaks like Covid-19 pandemic.
- Spearheaded the task of incorporating NABSanrakshan Trustee Private Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of NABARD under Indian Companies Act, 2013 to manage and administer multiple credit guarantee funds. The Trustee company was incorporated on 13 November 2020 with an authorized capital of Rs.100 crore and paid-up share capital of Rs.50 crore.
- Involved in developing a product to extend financial assistance to State Governments for meeting their obligation of share capital contribution to RRBs.
- As a part of “G-20 Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion”, NABARD actively participated in the mega events at Kolkata and Bengaluru wherein NABARD’s message on “Reaching the Last, the Lost and the Least” through adoption of digital interventions was effectively portrayed through appropriate display collaterals in the form of videos and success stories.
- Five Year Strategy Plan titled “Pragati-1.0” encompassing business, developmental & supervisory perspectives of the Bank for the period 2023-24 to 2027-28 has been launched from 01 April 2023.
- Web portal developed for monitoring of Ghar Ghar KCC Abhiyan of GoI (campaign data, KCC applications received/sanctioned, success stories, etc.) starting from 01 October to 31 December 2023.
- Web portal developed for interest subvention claims of RRBs and RCBs for WSHGs under DAY-NRLM. The portal is live from 11 January 2024.
Work in progress:
- Implementation of Pragati-1.0 initiatives.
- Engaged in designing suitable digital banking products for Agri Value Chain financing.
- Digital Crop Loans-eKCC portal on a pilot basis and integration with Public Tech Platform of RBIH.
- Portal for settling Interest Subvention and Credit Guarantee Fee Claims under Agriculture Infrastructure Fund (AIF) Scheme of DA&FW, GoI.
- Upgradation/extension of CBS and CBS plus services to Rural Cooperative Banks.
- Facilitation of Cyber Risk Insurance for RCBs.
Shri Manikumar S.
Chief General Manager
4th Floor, ‘C’ Wing
C-24, ‘G’ Block
Tel: (91) 022 -26539378
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information under RTI – Section 4(1)(b)