Lecture by Shri H K MITTAL, Advisor and Head of National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development, Government of India
OFDD, Head Office, Mumbai organized a lecture on ‘Incubating Rural Innovations for Promoting Entrepreneurship” by Shri H K Mittal, Adviser & Head, National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board, on 11 August 2016 in the Auditorium of NABARD. Chairman, Dr. Harsh Kumar Bhanwala presided over the function. Shri H.R.Dave and Shri R.Amalorpavanathan, Deputy Managing Directors graced the occasion.
An alumni of National Dairy Research Institute and Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, Shri Mittal is now the Adviser and Head of the National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB) and the overall in-charge of the National programmes and schemes on Innovation, Entrepreneurship Development and Employment Generation. He has been working on innovations and entrepreneurship for the last 30 years and actively involved in establishing SEED funds at the incubator level, mainstreaming incubators through various departments of the Government and provision of CSR funds to business incubation. In the past, he has been invited by many international development institutions to share his experiences on entrepreneurship, innovations at various national /international forums.
The lecture was attended by a large number of audience from HO. Live telecast of the lecture for all the Regional Offices and Training Establishments was also arranged through Video conferencing Shri H.K.Mittal shared his rich experience of 30 years in working on innovations and entrepreneurship. He highlighted the following three distinct areas in agriculture that have scope for enterprise development:
- Input services (one stop shop for farmers backed by knowledge information services)
- Productivity ( R& D , Technological solutions)
- Output services ( online delivery systems)
The following action points emerged from the event:
- Facilitating entrepreneurs for branding & marketing through starting an incubation & Innovation cell
- Single portal for all Micro and Small enterprises and NABARD to market the agro-rural enterprises products with translation of the same in 3-4 regional languages.
- Promoting a help-line for FAQs for the entrepreneurs
Shri R.Amolaravanathan , Deputy Managing Director proposed vote of thanks.