National Livestock Mission is an initiative of the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare. The mission, which commenced from 2014-15, has the objective of sustainable development of the livestock sector.
NABARD is the subsidy channelising agency for following schemes, under Entrepreneurship Development & Employment Generation (EDEG) component of National Livestock Mission.
- Poultry Venture Capital Fund (PVCF)
- Integrated Development of Small Ruminants and Rabbit (IDSRR)
- Pig Development (PD)
- Salvaging and Rearing of Male Buffalo Calves (SRMBC)
- Effective Animal Waste Management
- Construction of Storage Facility for Feed and Fodder
List of Beneficiaries
- Farmers, individual entrepreneurs
- Groups of organized and unorganized sector which include Self- Help Groups (SHGs) and Joint Liability Groups (JLGs)
Eligible financial institutions
- Commercial Banks
- Regional Rural Banks
- State Cooperative Banks
- State Cooperative Agriculture and Rural Development Banks
- Other institutions eligible for refinance from NABARD
Links for Downloads
Detailed guidelines are available on Govt. of India website www.dahd.nic.in
The administrative approval for continuation of the scheme has not received from GoI since 01.07.2021.