NIDA is a line of credit for funding rural infrastructure projects under the following three channels:
- Funding rural infrastructure projects directly to State Government and State-owned Institutions.
- Funding PPP infrastructure projects in rural areas, developed directly or through Special Purpose Vehicles promoted by State-owned Institutions, Co-operatives, Producer Organizations, Corporates etc.
- Funding non-PPP, rural infrastructure projects developed by Registered entities like Companies and Co-operatives.
Since inception in 2010-11 till 30 April 2022, cumulative loans sanctioned under NIDA stand at Rs.65849.60 crore with a cumulative disbursement of Rs.30297.12 crore.
Progress during the last 5 years and the current year has been impressive as indicated below:
(Rs. in crore)
|2022-23 (upto 30 April 2022)
Since launching the product, NABARD has sanctioned 124 projects under NIDA covering following sectors
- Power transmission
- Renewable energy (wind and solar power generation)
- Restoration of power distribution
- Roads and bridges
- Development of Market Yard
- Drinking water