NIDA is a line of credit for funding rural infrastructure projects under the following three channels:
- Funding State Government and State-owned Institutions for rural infrastructure development projects
- Funding PPP infrastructure projects in rural areas, developed directly or through Special Purpose Vehicles promoted by State-owned Institutions, Co-operatives, Producer Organisations, Corporates etc.
- Funding non-PPP, rural infrastructure projects developed by registered entities like Companies and Co-operatives
Since its inception in 2010-11 until June 4, 2021, cumulative loans sanctioned under NIDA stand at ? 5,7724.33 crore with a cumulative disbursement of ? 23,906.97 crore.
The progress during the last five years and the current year has been impressive as indicated below:
(? in crore)
|2021-22 (up to 04 June 2021)
Since inception, NABARD has sanctioned 111 projects under NIDA for following sectors
- Power transmission
- Renewable energy (wind and solar power generation)
- Restoration of power distribution
- Roads and bridges
- Development of Market Yard
- Drinking water