NIDA is a line of credit for funding rural infrastructure projects under the following three channels:
- Funding rural infrastructure projects directly to State Government and State-owned Institutions.
- Funding PPP infrastructure projects in rural areas, developed directly or through Special Purpose Vehicles promoted by State-owned Institutions, Co-operatives, Producer Organizations, Corporates etc.
- Funding non-PPP, rural infrastructure projects developed by Registered entities like Companies and Co-operatives.
Since inception in 2010-11 till 31 August 2023, cumulative sanction and disbursement under NIDA stood at Rs 70496.17 crore and Rs 37361.24 crore respectively.
Progress during the last 5 years and the current year has been impressive as indicated below:
|2023-24 (as on 31 August 2023)
Since launch of the product, NABARD has sanctioned 133 projects under NIDA covering following sectors
- Power transmission
- Renewable energy (wind and solar power generation)
- Restoration of power distribution
- Roads and bridges
- Development of Market Yard
- Drinking water
- Rural Tourism
State-wise and Sector-wise Loans to State Governments / Government-owned entities under NIDA is given inAnnexure I.